Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I never was really exposed to much technology besides a T.V as a young child. My history with technology really started in middle school. The first time I was taught how to really use and make use of a computer was during middle school. During middle school I was constantly exposed to different types of technology and the possible benefits that can come with its incorporation in classrooms. Things like computer labs, online tests, and video diagrams became daily tools. I was not even part of the class that received personal laptops, but the incorporation of technology was considered standard by my 8th grade year. As a middle school student I was expected to have the skills required to navigate and make use of multiple programs. I had to use search engines, word processing programs, and even had to take online assessments.
The skills I've learned since middle school have not changed much. I have since learned how to make use of online communication. Using email and social networking sites like face book now seem essential instead of luxury. I feel somewhat confident and now have years of experience using Apple's. I am recently finding that my role is changing from learning using technology to teaching using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment